Calling all KIDS from 1 to 13 years for the "JC Kids Run"
The Kid’s Run is back for the 8th year and it keeps getting bigger and better!
Children race through the course with the biggest smiles on their faces as the community cheers them on. The excitement and joy on their faces as they cross the finish line is priceless! In addition to the kid's run, there are a wide variety of activities for children of all ages.
This event takes places at Exchange Place, along the Hudson River, with views of the Manhattan skyline.
All runners will receive a medal!
Fastest Top 3 runners in each wave.
Kids MUST run in their Age Appropriate wave - register your child with AGE ON RACE DAY
All races will start with a WARM UP: warm up sessions are some minutes before each age group run.
Begins at 9AM at the run site.
Parents: Please pick up bib 30min before your child's race start time
1) Is there a planned race map? Kids will be running at the pier called J. Owen Grundy Park next to Exchange Place Plaza.
2) What is the distance of the race? Each age group has different distances:
Special Needs 10:00 am – Special Needs Kids
10:15 am – Age 1 - 1 short loop with parents
10:30 am – Age 2 - 1 short loop with parents
10:45 am – Age 3 - 1 loop
11:00 am – Age 4 - 1 loop
11:30 pm – Age 5 - 2 loops
11:45 pm – Age 6 - 2 loops
12:00 pm– Age 7 - 2 loops
12:15 pm – Age 8 - 3 loops
12:30 pm – Age 9 - 3 loops
12:40 pm - Age 10 - 3 loops
12:50 pm - Ages 11,12 and 13 - 4 loops
3) Is there a group discount? JCFamilies is a 501-c(3) organization and most of our events (15 to 18 events per year) are free for the Jersey City community and take place in public parks. However, in order to run this organization and these free events, we host a few paid events each year to ensure that we can meet our budgetary needs and cover our capital costs for the year. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer any special discount or deal to any kids or any organization during this event.
4) Why does the planned schedule of runs sometimes change? The JCKids Run includes the participation of many kids and sometimes due to different circumstances the schedule may change.
5) What happens when rain is scheduled for the day? The JC Kids Run is Rain or Shine. The registration fee will not be refunded if you are not able to attend the race. In case of severe inclement weather, the run might be postponed and parents of runners will be notified by email.
6) How to get to the venue? Parents and kids can arrive either by Light Rail at Exchange Place Station, by PATH Train, or by car. There is some street parking available, but it is not always reliable. There is paid parking close to the venue also. Parents need to collect the bibs 30 minutes before their scheduled run time, so please plan accordingly.
7) I registered, however I cannot attend the event anymore? Refund of the registration and transfer of registration to another child is not allowed.
8) I registered but I did not receive confirmation? You can visit the registration page & click on Resend Confirmation in the upper right hand corner - also remember to check your junk folder.
9) When is the Special Needs time slot? It is listed on the schedule of runners
10) My kid is 18 months. Should I register she/he for the 1 or 2 years old group? JCFamilies suggest parents register their children in the appropriate age group. In this example, an 18 mo. old would be registered in the 1 year old age group (better to go younger than older). JCFamilies is not responsible for kids running with inappropriate age groups.
11) How is the run being timed this year? The kids runs are being timed via RFID timing chip on the back of your child's race bib. Be sure they wear their bib on the front of their body over their belly button. Live results will be posted at elitefeats.com. If you provided an email/cell during registration you should also receive a emailed/texted result.
12) Is the fee only for the child and not the parent? Can both parents attend the race with the child? The Registration Fee is only for the child. Children 1 and 2 years old are allowed to run with one parent (in this case parent is free) and children 3 years old and up will run by themselves. Parents / legal guardians / viewers won't be allowed on the course/pier before, after or during the run. There will be areas for parents / legal guardians / viewers to watch their little ones running and finishing the race. For any parents not following the rules, the child will be disqualified and no refund will be given to the family.
13) By mistake, I put my name (parent name) in the registration information. Is it possible to change it? Yes, simply reply back to your confirmation email. The registration team will make the correction.