RACE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
Nor are they transferable from year to year. Once you are signed up, race fees are used for race expenses and cannot be returned.
I, the undersigned, does hereby covenant and agree to release and hold harmless the 5K to Fight Histio, Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Colorado Springs, elitefeats Inc., from and against any and all liability, loss, damages, claims or actions (including costs of attorney fees) for bodily injury and/or property damage, to the extent permissible by law, arising out of participation in the above named event.
I understand participation in the event involves rigorous physical activity and risks of physical injury, and I assume these risks. I hereby give consent for emergency transportation and treatment in the event of illness or injury. I hereby accept responsibility for the payment of any emergency transportation or treatment on behalf of the participant. I further certify that I am in good physical condition, and I have no medical or physical conditions that would restrict his/her participation in the above named event.
If signed by a parent/guardian, the parent/guardian agrees to release and hold the above named organizations and persons harmless of any claims which may be asserted by or on behalf of the entrant. I have read the above statements, understand them, and my signature below confirms its full acceptance.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ AND SIGN NAME ON REGISTRATION CHECK-IN LIST
July 17, 2022
1. I wish to participate in the Liam’s Lighthouse Foundation 5K to Fight Histio Walk. I understand that my execution of this Waiver and Release is a prerequisite for participation in the Event. I further understand that there are risks and dangers inherent in participating in the Event.
2. I understand that in order to be allowed to participate in the Event, I agree to assume all risks and to release and hold harmless Liam’s Lighthouse Foundation and their officers, agents, employees, assigns, successors in interest, contractors, vendors (and their agents), agencies, sponsors, officials and volunteers, including walk leaders, participating communities and clubs and all governmental and public entities including, but not limited to, the State, County and local municipalities where the events take place (collectively the “Released Parties”).
3. I intend by this Waiver and Release to release, in advance, and to waive my rights and discharge all of the persons and entities mentioned above, from any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me as a result of my participation in the Event, even though this liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective property or equipment owned, maintained or controlled by them or because of their possible liability without fault. I understand and agree that this Waiver and Release is binding on my heirs, assigns, and legal representatives.
4. I understand that I am solely responsible for my health and safety, and I acknowledge that I am physically capable of participating in and completing this Event.
5. I agree to allow Liam’s Lighthouse Foundation and their contractors, agencies and sponsors, the use of my name and likeness in connection with Liam’s Lighthouse Foundation 5K to Fight Histio Walk, for any purpose related to advertising or promotion of the event worldwide in perpetuity in all forms of media now and forever known.
6. Should any portion of this Waiver and Release be judicially determined invalid, voidable or unenforceable, for any reason,such portion of this Waiver and Release shall be severable from the remaining portions herein and the invalidity, voidability, or unenforceability thereof shall not affect the validity, effect, enforceability, or interpretation of the remaining provisions of this Waiver and Release.
7. I have carefully read this Waiver and Release and fully understand its contents. If I am under 18 years of age at the time of registration, my parent or legal guardian has completely reviewed this Waiver and Release, understands and consents to its terms, and authorizes my participation by his/her signature below. I am aware that this is a RELEASE OF LIABILITY and a contract between me and the persons and entities mentioned above and I sign of my own free will.
Signature of parent or guardian if participant is under 18 years of age (Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian).